There are many ways to engage and involve others in working to reduce poverty and provide opportunity in Haiti. Fundraising, education, and building relationships are all important. The following examples are just a few of the ways people have been inspired to share:
- Sell Haitian Art, Pottery and Coffee during your parish fellowship time.
- Staff a Haiti Table during coffee hour to share about sponsorship. Honor sponsors with a thank you poster with their picture.
- Speak at Convention about how your trip to Haiti has shaped your faith
- Hold a Student Sponsorship Dinner to build the Haiti Project donor base
- Employ your talents! Madison-Area Knitters are an ecumenical group of women who knit hats to sell at local shops, churches and the Madison Farmers Market with proceeds going to the Haiti Project.
- Raise awareness by offering a Haiti Day at church with stations to learn about daily life in Haiti; language lessons and crafts.
- Teach a Sunday School class about some of the challenges of access to clean water or the importance of education in a developing country. Invite students to make cards for students at St. Marc’s School.
- Involve a Sunday School class in baking and holding a Lenten Pretzel Sale to raise money for St. Marc’s School. Create a Bulletin Board with prayers for the students you sponsor in Haiti at your church.
- Write a grant to support specific projects in the community of Jeannette: water; agricultural needs; entrepreneurship; health.
- Schedule a Haiti Project Parish Visit to introduce your church to this important partnership in the Diocese. A volunteer from the Haiti Project can share Haiti in several ways:
- Sermon during the church services integrating the readings of the day with a focus on our Haitian brothers and sisters.
- Power point presentation during Adult Formation
- Art or Coffee Sales during coffee hour sharing informally about our sponsorship program.
Schedule the kind of visit that works for your congregation.
Join us for fundraising fun, games, music and beer! 6/4/2017 1 to 5 Big Head Brewing Company in Wauwatosa (check the site calendar).